Monday, May 12, 2008

My First Advanced Reading Copy has arrived!!!

Wow, what an exciting day for me! In today's mail I received my first ever Advanced Reading Copy. The book is The Gargoyle by first time Canadian author Andrew Davidson, tentatively to go on sale on 8-5-08, published by Doubleday. I must say I'm a little in love with it already, with it being the first one and all. Then there is the lovely cover with a spine that looks like the gilded, embossed leather of those wonderful old books that look so nice on the shelf. Look for my review of it in the next week or so. I'm down to the last few pages of my current book, The Mercy Seller by Brenda Rickman Vantrease so the review will be up in the next couple of days. Thanks to everyone who has left comments and to the Library Thing community for their warm and helpful support!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow - I've actually heard about that book! Anyway, the reason I stopped by was I saw you on LT. I've and have signed up for the fun Tuesday event! :) Thinging Through Tuesday

Ruis said...

I hope you enjoy your book! My Early Reviewers book arrived yesterday, so I'm looking forward to starting in this weekend!

I saw you signed up on the Book Club Forum! It's so great to have you there! :-)

Lenore Appelhans said...

I got it too - very excited! And thanks for posting the shelf awareness site and e-mails - that's a great tip. Hope I wasn't too late with my mails!

The Tome Traveller said...

Lenore, you should be good with Aviary Gate, someone else told me they requested it today and got an email back from Bloomsbury saying that they are sending it. The other title just came out on Shelf Awareness today, so you should be good with that one too, though Doubleday does not send confirmation emails, they just send the book out.

LisaMM said...

I've been notified that I snagged my first ER book but I haven't gotten it yet. Can't wait to receive it!


Thoughts from an Evil Overlord

Thank you!!

Thank you to Beth at Beth Fish Reads and to The Blogger Guide for helping me to customize my template and to Andrea at The Little Bookworm for improving my header!!

About Me

My photo
New Hampshire, United States
Bibliophile, Anglophile, Traveller... I have been an avid reader all of my life, since I took the Dr. Seuss Dictionary away from my Mom when I was less than a year old because I wanted to read it myself. In college, where I earned my degree in English Literature, I was often asked "What are you going to do with it?" Now I finally have the answer to that question!!! Being employed as a Flight Attendant for twenty years has given me a lot of life experience and, better still, a lot of time to read. I love to travel for fun, too.