Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Tuesday Thingers


This Tuesday's topic is how many discussion groups we each participate in. I am a member of three at Library Thing: Early Reviewers, Historical Fiction and B&N First Look Readers. I am also a member of Barnes & Noble First Look discussion board at their website. I have only recently gotten into the whole blogging/discussion group thing, so there may be more as time goes on. It's wonderful to read everyone else's recommendations and thoughts, although I look up and two hours have gone by, when I should really have been devoting myself to other things!
After looking at all of the other blogs on my blogroll, I must say that I am totally impressed with how many of you manage to post a review for a book every day. There's no way I could hope to do better than two or three books a week. I am currently nearing the end of The Gargoyle and it is very, very interesting. My husband and I have been speculating wildly about how the author is going to wrap everything up and what the end will reveal. My review will be posted in the next day or two.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't imagine posting that many either! Even though I love reading as much as I do, I never have that much time for it :) But I figure that posting once or week or so seems good enough lol.

jlshall said...

I'm even impressed with two or three books a week. I'm such a slow reader, one book a week is about as good as I can do - and that would be in a good week!

Marcia said...

I'm lucky now days if I get through a book every 4 or so days. So reading 2 or 3 week or 1 day is very impressive. I find myself spending time browsing all the wonderful book blogs that we LTers have put together. Visting with everyone has been very enlightening.

Jacquie L Reaville said...

Just lately I'm more of 1 book every 10 days or so, too much to do and too little time to do it unfortunately. I'm hoping though that when it gets to summer I'll have much more time to do the things I want rather than the things I have to.

Elizabeth said...

I'm with you - a book a day is amazing. I dream about a life where I can read that much! =)


Thoughts from an Evil Overlord

Thank you!!

Thank you to Beth at Beth Fish Reads and to The Blogger Guide for helping me to customize my template and to Andrea at The Little Bookworm for improving my header!!

About Me

My photo
New Hampshire, United States
Bibliophile, Anglophile, Traveller... I have been an avid reader all of my life, since I took the Dr. Seuss Dictionary away from my Mom when I was less than a year old because I wanted to read it myself. In college, where I earned my degree in English Literature, I was often asked "What are you going to do with it?" Now I finally have the answer to that question!!! Being employed as a Flight Attendant for twenty years has given me a lot of life experience and, better still, a lot of time to read. I love to travel for fun, too.