Thursday, June 12, 2008

Tuesday Thingers....on Thursday



Today's question is about tags- do you tag? How do you tag? How do you feel about tagging- do you think it would be better to have standardized tags, like libraries have standardized subject headings, or do you like the individualized nature of tagging? What are your top 5 tags and what do they say about your collection or your reading habits?

I do tag but I am new at it and am sort of just figuring it out. I like being able to make up my own tags, I'm not sure that I would want standardized tags. I mostly separate mine by genre: fiction, memoir, etc. Adding the setting if it figures largely in the story. Plus I use ARC for advanced reading copy and "not owned" for books that I have done reviews for but don't want to keep. My top five tags so far are historical fiction, ancient egypt, arc, great britain and memoir. This just shows how heavily my library is on the historical fiction side. Reviewing books is helping me to break out of my reading habits!

No comments:


Thoughts from an Evil Overlord

Thank you!!

Thank you to Beth at Beth Fish Reads and to The Blogger Guide for helping me to customize my template and to Andrea at The Little Bookworm for improving my header!!

About Me

My photo
New Hampshire, United States
Bibliophile, Anglophile, Traveller... I have been an avid reader all of my life, since I took the Dr. Seuss Dictionary away from my Mom when I was less than a year old because I wanted to read it myself. In college, where I earned my degree in English Literature, I was often asked "What are you going to do with it?" Now I finally have the answer to that question!!! Being employed as a Flight Attendant for twenty years has given me a lot of life experience and, better still, a lot of time to read. I love to travel for fun, too.